The recently-completed Tameside Centre for Enterprise building sits on the corner of Old Street and Bentinck Street, in the St Petersfield re-generation area.
To the left of it can be seen Good Hope Mill, built in 1824, the oldest cotton spinning mill in Ashton to survive intact.
To the right, behind the trees, is the Witchwood pub. This was built some time before 1850 and has previously been named the Painters Arms, the Rifle Brigade, the Globe and the Gamecock. The Witchwood now has a widespread reputation as a music venue.
Beyond the pub, to the right, can be seen The Armoury and the Central Library. Old Street, as the name suggests, was the original main throughfare through the town of Ashton.
See Google Street View of this location.
(Click photo for larger version. Press Back button to return here.)