P h o t o B l o g

Thursday 5 August 2010

Sky Watch: Pylon


(Click photo for larger version. Press Back button to return here.)

A view over the upland hamlet of Broadcarr, on the border between Ashton and Mossley.

Taking centre stage is an enormous pylon carrying electricity cables across the hills. In the foreground is an example of a traditional dry stone wall.

The Pennine moors form the background, with Alderman's Hill to the left and Alphin Pike to the right.

See Birds Eye View of this location.

Sky Watch is a regular weekly feature on this photo blog. It links with websites all over the world with the general theme each week of looking upwards. Please take the opportunity to visit some of these other sites. I hope some new visitors have found their way here today, watching the skies. You are most welcome!

5 comments:

  1. Nicely captured!

    Happy Sky Watch Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the serene look of this place. It does looks like very peaceful and quite. Happy Friday!

    SkyWatchFriday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo ... I do appreciate all the information you have provided re the shot. I appreciate that. It is a nicely composed shot. That wall in the foreground is a corker. I love walls like that. And the hamlet (love that word) looks lovely and clean and well tended. I bet Broadcar has what is called 'bracing' weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous scenery. I wouldnt mind living there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had been taking this shot I would have tried to find a way to exclude the pylon, yet the pylon actually adds to the 'shape' of the photo. I'm quite familiar with this general area since I used to travel back and forth from Yorkshire and Derbyshire to meet my Liverpudlian boyfriend -- now my husband of fifty years

    ReplyDelete

If you are not able to sign in with a Blogger/Google etc account, then please click on "Name/URL" and type in your name or nickname.

If you have no URL you can leave that part blank.

Please do not post as "Anonymous".

If you are a spammer, please note: Most spam messages are filtered out automatically. The few that get through are deleted. Please don't bother.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Add to Technorati Favorites